Kformat - Google soc

My blog about my google summer of code projet, KFormat. Mon blog sur mon projet google code, KFormat.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The first version is online, at http://www.micoulou.info/kformat

Sunday, June 25, 2006

TO DO during the next week :
add autodetection of the device can be formatted,
improve the API to using a progress bar,
improve the interface,
maybe a combobox to choose the size (I don't think it is necessary, I wait for you comment)
Add the help dialog for the beginner.

I have done first version which work of my project. Lots of thinks will be improved because it is a alpha version. I will published it on next tuesday. It is not the same that I make with QT Designer because I rewrite everything from scratch (with the help of a example of QT and QT documentation).

I find during one week how my program I make does not work. Today, I am doing the same without QT designer ant now, it works. I think I can finish it in one week or less and after I will continue the API to have the signal Formating stop and formatting begin (and more to make a progress bar). After, I need also to make autodetection to have a list of device can be formatted.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

I finished the first version of my library and I begin the QT code. I actually find how to have the autodetection. I can show my first screenshot. I will publish my code as soon I have a functionnal version.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

I simplify my analysis, because the code in the 3 classes is practically the same. So I code only 1 class and I write a easy code to format a media using the command system(), I improve it when I will be in france and I have more time. I find a solution to send my library because I am in a university manage residence in england and I have only acces to http/https port and it's difficult to publish something.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

I begin my analisys : This is my first version of my UML usecase and class diagram I will use to make a library to format in C++ to have a abstraction layer to format a media.

I succed to install Ubuntu 6.06 in my Mac Mini (I must used Ubuntu 5.10 on live Cd because it crashed when I try to install it on my hard drive) and I try Kfloppy and Kformat to make my version of KFormat. I think I would use some idea of Kfloppy but I have too much problem with the version which already exist to continue it. Kformat doesn't want to format something and it often crashed. I think I will rewrite a code from scratch but I will use some idea of these two program to accelerate my project.