Kformat - Google soc

My blog about my google summer of code projet, KFormat. Mon blog sur mon projet google code, KFormat.

Monday, July 17, 2006

I published a new version of my project in my website. I have write a list of error I need to fix in the next few day.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

I have improved some little things. Now, I search how to make the low level function to access to make the API with low level function.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The first version is online, at http://www.micoulou.info/kformat

Sunday, June 25, 2006

TO DO during the next week :
add autodetection of the device can be formatted,
improve the API to using a progress bar,
improve the interface,
maybe a combobox to choose the size (I don't think it is necessary, I wait for you comment)
Add the help dialog for the beginner.

I have done first version which work of my project. Lots of thinks will be improved because it is a alpha version. I will published it on next tuesday. It is not the same that I make with QT Designer because I rewrite everything from scratch (with the help of a example of QT and QT documentation).

I find during one week how my program I make does not work. Today, I am doing the same without QT designer ant now, it works. I think I can finish it in one week or less and after I will continue the API to have the signal Formating stop and formatting begin (and more to make a progress bar). After, I need also to make autodetection to have a list of device can be formatted.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

I finished the first version of my library and I begin the QT code. I actually find how to have the autodetection. I can show my first screenshot. I will publish my code as soon I have a functionnal version.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

I simplify my analysis, because the code in the 3 classes is practically the same. So I code only 1 class and I write a easy code to format a media using the command system(), I improve it when I will be in france and I have more time. I find a solution to send my library because I am in a university manage residence in england and I have only acces to http/https port and it's difficult to publish something.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

I begin my analisys : This is my first version of my UML usecase and class diagram I will use to make a library to format in C++ to have a abstraction layer to format a media.

I succed to install Ubuntu 6.06 in my Mac Mini (I must used Ubuntu 5.10 on live Cd because it crashed when I try to install it on my hard drive) and I try Kfloppy and Kformat to make my version of KFormat. I think I would use some idea of Kfloppy but I have too much problem with the version which already exist to continue it. Kformat doesn't want to format something and it often crashed. I think I will rewrite a code from scratch but I will use some idea of these two program to accelerate my project.